What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a tool offered by Google that keeps track of all of your websites content that receives views. With this type of data you can receive a ton of information to allow your plumbing, heating or HVAC businesses company to grow. Google Analytics shows you the analytics Google provides lets your company know great data like
- Live users on the site
- Users by country
- Average engagement time on certain pages
- Most popular times of day for the website
- Bounce rate
- Sessions by device (phone, tablet, desktop)
The first and most obvious reason to use Google Analytics is it is completely free to use. There’s no need to purchase, subscribe or use any type of credit card information. All there is too it is a Gmail account and inputting your websites tracking information!
Where are Your Customers Coming From?
This seems like an easy answer, but the data may surprise you! Google Analytics shows real time data and which country those users are in. Google tracks the places on the globe where your website receives the most visitors. Maybe you are based in the US, but your online traffic is based in Canada, this could mean for your business, considering shipping internationally could allow your sales to increase. Knowing the locations of your visitors allows you to create location specific marketing campaigns.
Learn Your Target Audience
By using the real time information given by GA (Google Analytics), you are able to see your visitors’ demographics. This includes their age, gender and location, as mentioned above. This is another huge opportunity to take advantage of when trying to figure out your website’s target audience. By using these demographics, you can create content for your plumbing, heating or HVAC website according to these visitors that will most likely convert into customers.
How Real Time Reports Help Your Business
- Take into Account Time Specific Content Marketing – Real time data with insights, showing how many people are actively on your website and which pages. This will allow you to determine the most popular hours your website has traffic. You can push out effective content during those specific periods for more exposure.
- Learn How Engaging Your Content is – If a bounce rate is high on certain pages, it probably is not doing anything for the consumer. This can let you know that the content you have existing on some pages is irrelevant or not eye-catching enough to keep customers on those specific pages.
- Learn About The Behavior of Real Time Visitors – By being able to watch customers in real time, you can continue to engage them with content on your website. If they go to the contact form, but decide not to fill it out, ask yourself why? Brainstorm ideas to create more customer conversions, or figure out what’s not working on the contact page. Does the content not make any sense? Is the text too small? All reasons why customers might choose not to fill out the form.
Google Analytics is an exceptional free tool that can be used by your plumbing, heating or HVAC business to increase your customer conversions. The tool is easy to install, use and will ultimately benefit you and your business in the long run. With real time data, and a plethora of knowledge at your fingertips, your business will be set for success.